Celebration of weddings for not resident Japanese citizens

Celebration of weddings for not resident Japanese citizens

Ufficio: Civil Status - Wedding office - U.O.C. Matrimoni, Unioni Civili e Divorzi -
Referente: Responsible of the procedure: Marianna Fabrizio
Responsabile: Responsible of the organizational unit: Resp. P.O. Valeria Gandolfo
Indirizzo: Palazzo Vecchio - Piazza Signoria
Tel: +39 055 2768370 - 2768211
Fax: +39 055 2616715
E-mail: matrimoni@pec.comune.fi.it
Orario di apertura: Monday, Tuesday, Friday 8.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.- Thursday 2,30 p.m. to 5,00 p.m.-

Requisiti del richiedente


Being a Japanese citizens, not living and not resident in Italy


As written in Deliberazione n. 373, approved 25/11/2014, Saturday weddings are reserved for residents of Florence or those that are registered in A.I.R.E. in the Comune di Firenze.

Modalità di richiesta


The date of the wedding, as well as the date of the declaration, must be personally requested at the office or booked by phone. The reservation of the wedding’s date can be made starting from 6 months prior to the wedding’s date.

It is compulsory to send by fax or by e-mail the attached Information Note

Weddings are celebrated in:


Sala Rossa - Sala di Lorenzo - Salone de' Cinquecento 


MUSEO COMUNALE BARDINI - Via dei renai, n. 37

VILLA VOGEL - (sede Consiglio Circoscrizionale n. 4) - Via delle Torri, n. 23

The calendar and the rates are attached

Documentazione da presentare

Required Documents:


1 - Certificate of capability to marriage and a copy of the family register released by the competent Japanese Municipality. The certificate must be legalised (according to the rules of the Den Haag Convention) by apostille and translated by the Japanese Embassy in Italy. In alternative it is possible to obtain from the Japanese Consulate or Embassy in Italy a document certifying that there is no impediment to the celebration of the wedding in Italy according to the Japanese laws. The Japanese Consul’s signature must be legalised by the competent Italian Prefecture (in Florence Via Giacomini, 8 – open Monday through Friday from 09.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. On Thursday also open from 02.00 p.m. to 04.00 p.m. – Tel: 055/ 27 831; bring a revenue stamp of € 16,00 with you).In both cases a document must be released stating that there is no impediment of any kind to the celebration of the wedding according to the national laws of the spouse, and must indicate: name, family name, birth date and birth place, citizenship, residence and civil status, identity data of the parents. For divorced women or widows the date of the divorce or death is also necessary.


2 - If the Municipality of residence is different from what is recorded in the family register a certificate of residence must be provided, and it must be legalised by apostille and translated by the Italian Embassy in Japan or by the Japanese Embassy in Italy.


3 - Women who have been divorced or widowed for less than 300 days need an Authorization by the Court of Justice (Florence Judiciary Court – Viale Guidoni, n. 61) certified by the Appeal Court of Florence (Viale Guidoni, n. 61 - Florence).

4 - Minors between 16 and 18 years of age need a permission from the Minor Judiciary Court (Via della Scala, 81 – Florence) to be admitted to the marriage, which must be certified by the Appeal Court of Florence ( Viale Guidoni, n. 61).


All these documents must be provided to the Municipal Wedding Office at least 4 days before the already booked day of marriage. In order to fasten the procedure it is possible to send the documents in advance by fax o by e-mail, attaching the photocopy of the identification document.














Iter procedura






It is necessary to declare the inexistence of any impediment to the celebration of the marriage as to articles n: 85, 86, 87 n. 1-2-4, 88 and 89 of the Italian Civil Code. This declaration is released in the Wedding Office without witnesses but with a translator if necessary, at least 2 days before the wedding, and it is necessary to book the date and hour in advance. Everybody must bring a valid I.D.


According to article 116 of the Italian Civil Code Banns are not published.



Two witnesses are required for the celebration of the wedding (one for each spouse) and they must have a valid I.D. with them.


It the spouses don’t speak Italian they must have an interpreter (with a valid I.D. document) assisting them during the ceremony.

The officer of the registry is in charge of the final act.


The wedding office does not provide any interpreter.






The payment of the wedding fee may be made by:

- credit card, using our secure ONLINE payment (please follow the link at the end of this page);

- bank transfer: our bank is Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze
SWIFT code is CRFIIT3F   and IBAN code is IT20X0616002832000000161C01
headed to Comune di Firenze Direzione Servizi Demografici;

- postal c/c 159509 headed to Comune di Firenze Direzione Servizi Demografici.


In case of cancellation of the wedding ceremony, the fees already paid will not be refunded.



Japanese Embassy in Italy: Rome 39 06  48 79 91



a) i moduli sono predisposti per la compilazione on line ma non per la firma digitale;
b) la firma deve essere apposta in forma "autografa" sul modulo compilato e stampato;
c) per la trasmissione telematica digitalizzare il modulo compilato e firmato e inviarlo insieme alla copia di un documento di identità valido;
d) i dati obbligatori sono segnalati da campi con cornice rossa.

Ultimo aggiornamento: Giovedì, 18 Maggio 2017


Aiutaci a migliorare!

La tua opinione è molto importante! Se vuoi puoi lasciare un commento alla scheda che stai consultando per aiutarci a migliorare il contenuto delle informazioni. Clicca sul pulsante "Lascia feedback" sotto questo messaggio. Grazie!

Lascia il tuo feedback

I campo con * sono obbligatori.

Valutazione *